Austin writer, Chris Barton, keeps a running tally of his successes. I find this such a positive practice. What a way to bolster yourself when your self-esteem flags a little.
With that in mind, I decided to take a look back at my year and my accomplishments.
• I had an excellent year promotion-wise. I feel that I really got my name and work out there.
• I worked consistently through the year with no real downtime (thanks Maggie!).
• I worked with several dream clients for the first time this year, including Scholastic and Highlights for Children.
• My first trade-book illustration job was published (this month!).
• I have several proposed book projects making the rounds and getting some nibbles.
• I licensed several images to a crafting company (thanks Michael!).
• I was invited to join a couple of amazing groups of my peers (and heroes).
I'd have to say this was a great year for me. I'm moving in the right direction and getting some fabulous opportunities. I can't ask for more than that.
I'd love to hear about everyone else's successes!